We are searching for an enthusiastic, dynamic, web-savvy content creator to serve as ATBC’s new Website Editor. The Web Editor will sharpen the ATBC’s online presence, expand this presence in new directions, and use our digital platforms to provide information relevant to both the general public and ATBC members. The primary responsibilities of the ATBC Web Site Editor are to:
- Revise existing web page (tropicalbio.org) and social media accounts (e.g., Twitter, Facebook).
- Prepare and solicit content for tropicalbio.org, such as news of interest to tropical biologists, employment opportunities, ATBC award announcements, resolutions and declarations, updated directories, etc.
- Developing social media and website guidelines for the ATBC.
- Coordinate with Chairs of the ATBC Annual Meeting, Chapter Meetings, and Local Organizing Committees as they develop their meeting websites and online activities.
- Coordinate with publisher and Editor of Biotropica to promote journal content and activities of the ATBC website and Biotropica Editor’s Blog (Biotropica.org).
- Provide annual updates to the ATBC Council on website and social media activity and new initiatives.
This is an opportunity to help shape the future of the society, develop a digital portfolio, and broaden the impacts of the research and teaching activities of the members of the society. Though it is a volunteer position, the Web Editor will be an ex-officio member of the ATBC Council and hence eligible to apply for travel awards to help defray the costs of attending the annual meeting.
If interested, please contact Nobby Cordeiro (email@example.com)