A Postdoctoral Associate position is immediately available for a highly motivated individual to join the Center for Environmental Sensing And Modeling (CENSAM) at the Singapore–MIT Alliance for Research and Technology (SMART), in the frame of a research program jointly led by Prof Dick K.P. Yue (MIT, Department of Mechanical Engineering) and Prof Roland Bouffanais (SUTD, EPD).
The candidate should have a strong interest in interdisciplinary research and expertise in some of the following fields: computational fluid dynamics (CFD) and CFD modeling, environmental modeling and sensing.
The overall goal of the project is to develop a floating supercomputing cluster with compute nodes onboard mobile buoys capable of sensing and cooperative repositioning. The candidate will be responsible for:
1.The development of several technical and scientific aspects of this state-of-the-art sensing and computing platform
2.The coordination of SMART-CENSAM team and the SUTD team
3.Assist to co-supervise at least one Ph.D. student at SUTD.
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Successful candidates should have received a Ph.D. degree in mechanical engineering, ocean engineering, marine science, physics, or a related field.
• Research expertise in CFD, environmental modeling and sensing, or complexity science will be considered a plus.
• Ability to work both independently and in a team environment, and to take ownership of, and autonomously carry forward, major aspects of a research project.
• Ability of approaching research problems with a system view, of working in a multidisciplinary team environment, problem solving skills and high creativity
• Candidates must present a strong publication record, as well as excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested applicants will have to submit their full CV/resume (including a list of publications), cover letter, a brief statement of interest and list of three references (to include reference names and contact information) to Prof Dick Yue (email@example.com) and Prof Roland Bouffanais (firstname.lastname@example.org). We regret that only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
This position was open in January 15, 2016 and the deadline for application was not informed.