Nature Conservation Foundation (NCF) invites applications from Indian nationals for TWO full-time research positions leading to a doctoral degree. Both positions are intended to be filled by candidates from under-represented groups that are socially underprivileged and/or economically disadvantaged.
NCF is concerned about the underrepresentation of people from socially and economically underprivileged groups in the field of ecological and conservation research. We recognise this underrepresentation is caused by a variety of socially created inequalities and would like to make a modest attempt to address it. Our intention is to select two candidates from among the applicants meeting the criteria set down below, who are best able to demonstrate a prior interest and academic aptitude in ecology and conservation science.
Note: The information on socio-economic background sought in the application form is only for purposes of assessing social and economic disadvantage.
WHO CAN APPLY
Candidates who satisfy BOTH the following eligibility criteria:
- Master’s degree in any discipline, with at least 55% in the aggregate, AND
- Member of a socially underprivileged group (SC/ ST/ OBC, including Backward Communities notified by various state governments), AND/OR having an annual family income of Rs 3 lakh or less.
HOW TO APPLY
Eligible candidates, preferably below the age of 40 years, who wish to apply for the above two positions, should:
- Read about NCF’s ongoing research on our website, AND
- Fill the application form, downloadable from here, and EMAIL it, along with the other documents listed in the form, to email@example.com on or before 20 AUGUST 2016.
- Email applications should be sent from the applicant’s own email address.
NOTE: There is no application fee. Only emailed applications, which include all the required supporting documents, will be accepted. Applications will be screened and only shortlisted candidates invited for an interview before the final selection is made. All original documents will have to be produced at the time of the interview. Admission offers are conditional on the provision of authentic information and falsification of information could lead to withdrawal of admission offers. Selected candidates will receive a stipend. If you do not hear from us before 21 August 2016, please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview.
Deadline: AUGUST 20 2016
More info: http://ncf-india.org/pages/phd-underrep