The deadline is February 01, 2017
Knowledge of horticulture/plant science and environmental education and a willingness to work evenings and weekends are requirements for this internship. Applicant must be a rising college senior.
• Assist with the preparation and completion of the Hands On Plant Science (HOPS) program;
• Utilize pre-existing interpretive materials about plants and garden displays to present informal interpretive programs to the public, with specific emphasis on the National Garden;
• Assist with other USBG special programs and events as needed; and,
• Assist with other duties as needed.
The duration of the position is 10 weeks, with an approximate start date the week after Memorial Day – exact dates to be determined mutually by the National Garden Intern and the USBG. Applicant is expected to work 40 hours a week, to include some evenings and weekends.
A completed application must include:
• Application form;
• Resume or CV;
• A short essay (approximately 250-500 words) explaining how this Internship fits your future professional goals;
• Unofficial transcripts (two years of college plant sciences or related field of study preferred); and
• Three references with phone and email contact information (to include one professional and one academic).