Location: CSF Brazil’s Headquarters in Rio de Janeiro. Deadline: January 20, 2017.
Conservation Strategy Fund (CSF) is seeking a dynamic leader to serve as Executive Director of CSF Brazil. The CSF Brazil Executive Director is responsible for overall leadership, management and oversight of countrywide trainings, fellowships, programs and analyses. The Brazil Executive Director will be responsible for the management, finance and administration of CSF Brazil’s operations and in-country staff. We are seeking someone with the passion and leadership necessary to envision, develop, and implement CSF’s strategic vision for Brazil while working closely with CSF’s international leadership team, CSF Brazil’s board of directors, and conservation leaders to grow CSF Brazil’s operations and impact. The CSF Brazil Executive Director reports to CSF Brazil’s board of directors but reports on a more regular basis to CSF’s Global Program Director.
Organizational Leadership & Strategic Development
- In alignment with CSF’s global strategic plan, develop initiatives and pursue opportunities that lead to increased impact of CSF’s work.
- Monitor alignment of ongoing activities with strategic planning.
- Make decisions on the implementation of institutional projects and programs in Brazil.
- Recruit, lead, supervise, mentor and evaluate CSF Brazil’s staff.
- Oversee and manage CSF Brazil’s finances and administration, ensuring that financial and intellectual resources are allocated appropriately.
- Manage day-to-day operations of the CSF Brazil office.
- Disseminate project results to ensure maximum conservation impact.
- Create institutional strategies that align with CSF global and gain approval and buy-in from the CSF Brazil board, staff and partners.
- Effectively collaborate with CSF staff members in other countries on programs and proposals.
- Participate in CSF’s Senior Management Team.
Fundraising & Relationship Management
- Lead CSF Brazil’s fundraising activities to expand and diversify donor base to significantly improve CSF Brazil’s financial sustainability and expand CSF Brazil’s portfolio of work.
- Manage proposal process from the research and planning phase to submission.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with current and prospective donors.
- Maintain close working relationships with the CSF Brazil Board, encouraging the best use of their knowledge and networking capabilities while keeping them up-to-date with ongoing projects and upcoming opportunities.
- Develop and maintain good working relationships with partner organizations.
- Prepare and submit reports to donors.
- Maintain ongoing communication with CSF’s Global Program Director on Brazil-based programming.
- Ensure all work plans and commitments with partners and donors are implemented to a high standard and delivered on time.
Required Skills & Expertise:
- Demonstrated success in fundraising for a non-profit organization, particularly with funders active in Brazil and with funders actively funding environmental programs.
- At least 10 years of experience leading and managing a team.
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and motivate a team.
- An aptitude for organizational management, with a keen eye toward project management and meeting deadlines.
- Demonstrated experience with strategic planning.
- Experience in preparing and maintaining project budgets.
- Knowledge and appreciation of Brazil’s natural ecosystems, conservation and political history, and the role of economics in achieving conservation goals.
- Good understanding and appreciation of the role and value of economics in conservation policy and planning.
- University degree in economics, business administration, natural resource management, natural sciences or related disciplines. Master’s or doctorate in economics or similar discipline and / or practical experience with applied conservation economics and natural resources strongly preferred.
- Fluency in English and Portuguese.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, including public speaking experience, and the ability to effectively represent CSF at high-level meetings and presentations.
- Willingness and ability to travel frequently within Brazil as well as internationally.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and ability to collaborate and build productive relationships with diverse individuals and organizations, both at the local and national level.
Compensation: Commensurate with experience.
To-Apply: Please send cover letter and CV (both in English) to email@example.com