The International Center at the University of Florida is pleased to invite applications for the John J. and Katherine C. Ewel Fellowship Program in Ecology and Environmental Science in the Tropics and Subtropics. This program will enable a recent doctorate recipient to study ecology and environmental sciences at the University of Florida (UF). The Fellow will work for two years with a University of Florida faculty member in any department to create new knowledge in any area of tropical and subtropical ecology.
The fellowship will provide an annual stipend of $54,000 plus an annual allowance of $15,000 for health insurance, research support, professional development, and travel. One fellowship will be awarded to begin August 2018.
- Applicant’s prior academic and professional success and his or her potential contribution to scholarship or practice.
- UF faculty member commitment, enthusiasm and tangible support for the proposed project and fellow, and the ability to provide office space and a productive work environment.
- UF PhD graduates are ineligible.
- Must have filed their dissertation before starting their appointment in August 2018.
- International doctoral students or recent PhD graduates are strongly encouraged to apply.
The Ewel Fellowship is now accepting applications for the 2018 award season. Applications are due January 26, 2018.
For more info visit http://www.ufic.ufl.edu/OGRE/EwelFellowship.html