On 13 June 2011, we learned the loss of our council member Professor Navjot Sodhi. He passed away on the night of 12th June 2011. The same day, the ATBC council had his annual meeting in Arusha, Tanzania. It’s thus a blow to learn his death while we are in Africa to celebrate tropical biology and conservation for the first time in the continent. He was with us last year in Bali, Indonesia, and should have been with us again this year. We all missed him at the council meeting where his seat remained empty, and will be missed during the week and beyond. We were sad today while opening the meeting, and will celebrate his memory and his achievement in Science. We lost a young friend, a colleague and an immense tropical biologist and conservationist. Our thoughts go to his family, friends and colleagues.
- Navjot Sodhi, ATBC councillor (2010-2011)
- Conservation Biology for All by Navjot S. Sodhi and Paul R. Ehrlich
- The loss of our esteemed colleague and friend, Professor Navjot Sodhi by The Biodiversity crew @ NUS
- Navjot Sodhi is gone, but not forgotten by Conservationbytes.com
- Remembering Navjot Sodhi (facebook group)
- Navjot S. Sodhi: the professor who wore his cap backwards, by Lian Pin Koh and Tien Ming Lee, Tropical Conservation Science, Vol 4, No 2 (2011)